School holidays in Sydney will be a time for families to get together and enjoy the sunshine and each other’s company. Here are some tips to make the most of your break in Sydney.
- Take advantage of the free city tours offered by Sydney Tourist Information. Children will love exploring all the main attractions including The Rocks, Hyde Park, and Taronga Zoo.
- Take a trip to the beach and spend the day splashing around in the waves. Brighton Beach, Manly Beach and Coogee Beach are all great spots to relax and have some fun in the sun.
- Visit one of the local theme parks and enjoy a fun day out with the whole family. Luna Park is a great place for thrill seekers; while Dreamworld is perfect for families with kids of all ages.
- Visit Manly, a picturesque seaside town a short ferry ride away from Sydney’s city centre. Here you’ll find sandy beaches, trendy restaurants, and great shopping plus plenty of outdoor leisure activities to choose from!
- Catch a show at the Sydney Opera House or take in one of the famous art exhibitions at the Art Gallery of NSW.
- Visit Luna Park Sydney, an old-school funhouse with sideshow games, a mirror maze, rides, and more! Try a delicious meal overlooking the harbour at Quay Restaurant at the Shangri-La Hotel.
- Sydney Park offers 40-hectares of greenery a stone’s throw from the city centre. The park features beautiful walking paths, gardens, wetlands, and play areas. It is the perfect spot for a family outing. Kids will love the Wild Life Sydney Zoo where they can meet all kinds of animals from around the world.
- Visit the stunning Blue Mountains National Park to enjoy bushwalks and the spectacular scenery.
- Enjoy Sydney’s beaches and picnic at Nielsen Park, Coogee Beach, Taylors Beach or Bronte Beach.
Travel by car or bus – some of the main highways connecting Sydney to its surrounding districts will be closed during the school holidays. Therefore you should plan your travel well in advance to make sure you can get to your destination safely and on time.
Hopefully these tips will help you to make the most out of your school holidays in Sydney. As one of Australia’s most popular holiday destinations, Sydney offers an incredible range of activities and entertainment options for every member of the family.