Are you on the hunt for exciting and fun-filled children’s activities to keep your little ones entertained during school holidays? Look no further! We have compiled a list of highly entertaining activities that are sure to bring smiles, laughter, and endless hours of enjoyment. Whether your child is an artist at heart or loves the great outdoors, we’ve got you covered with ideas that will keep them engaged and happy. From creative crafts to adventurous outings, read on for some fantastic ideas that will make this school break one to remember!
Why children need to be busy with activities
It is no secret that children can get bored easily, especially during school holidays when they have nothing to do. This is why it is important to keep them busy with activities that will not only entertain them, but also teach them new skills.
There are a variety of children’s activities that are both fun and educational, such as arts and crafts, cooking, gardening, and playing sports. These activities will help to keep your child’s mind active and engaged, preventing them from becoming bored or restless.
Not only will these activities help to keep your child occupied, but they can also promote their physical and mental development. For example, arts and crafts can help to boost your child’s creativity and problem-solving skills, while playing sports can improve their physical coordination and teamwork skills.
So if you’re looking for ways to keep your child entertained during the school holidays, be sure to give them plenty of opportunities to participate in fun and educational activities.
Arts and Crafts
When it comes to occupying kids during school holidays, arts and crafts are always a winner. Not only are they creative and fun, but they can also be highly educational. Here are some great arts and crafts ideas to keep the little ones entertained during their break from school:
1. Make your own pizzas: Let them get creative with their toppings and have fun making their own mini pizzas.
2. DIY photo frames: Get them to decorate their own photo frames using paints, glitter, sequins, etc. They can then use these to display their favourite holiday snaps.
3. Paint by numbers: This is a great activity for honing their concentration and fine motor skills. Plus, it’s lots of fun!
4. Make your own cards: Whether it’s for birthday cards, thank you cards or just because, making your own cards is a great way to express creativity. And kids will love receiving homemade cards from their friends and family.
5. Scrapbooking: Get them to document their holidays by putting together a scrapbook full of photos, ticket stubs, maps, etc. This is a project that can be worked on over the course of several days (or even weeks) and will result in a lovely memento of their time off school
There are many indoor games that are perfect for school holidays. Here are a few of our favourites:
1. Scavenger Hunt: This is a great game for kids of all ages. You can hide items around the house or set up a treasure hunt with clues.
2. Balloon Pop: Blow up some balloons and see how long your child can keep them in the air. The longer they last, the more points they score!
3. Bowling: Set up some pins using empty water bottles and let your child try to knock them down with a small ball or beanbag.
4. Obstacle Course: Use furniture and other household items to create an obstacle course for your child to navigate. Time them to see how fast they can complete it!
5. Indoor Camping: Set up a small tent in your living room and have a fun indoor camping adventure complete with stories, snacks, and flashlights.
There are so many fun outdoor games that kids can enjoy during the school holidays. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
– Twister: This classic game is always a hit with kids of all ages. Just be sure to set it up on a level surface so everyone has a fair chance at winning.
– Water Balloon Toss: A great way to cool off on a hot day, this game is sure to get everyone laughing. Set up teams of two and see who can keep the water balloon from breaking the longest.
– Sack Races: Another classic game that is perfect for large groups. All you need are some old pillowcases or sacks and away you go!
– Egg & Spoon Race: A bit more messy than the other games but definitely just as much fun! See who can make it to the finish line without dropping their egg.
So, next time the kids are bored and looking for something to do, why not try one of these fun outdoor games?